Sunday, July 19, 2026

Mysteries great and small


This is actually an animation. Derived from a Hopper painting obviously. Probably two Hopper paintings. I made this gif file 18 years ago. I don’t remember how exactly. And now, even with access to AI, I can’t figure out how to loop it.

Found it in an old post at the original Instapunk site. What’s interesting is that the issues and topic discussed are receiving fresh news coverage all these years later. The decline of population replacement rates in formerly Christian nations and the continuing discoveries being made at Gobekli Tepe. Which are NOT being discussed as related topics now as I discussed them then. Proving we still haven’t faced up to our massive spiritual problems.

Here’s my old post: The Secular Death Wish 

Pay attention to the graphic as the file opens, or you’ll miss the morph. The internal links in this one all seem to be working as well. Sometimes, the Wayback Machine is still willing to show you how my mind works.

Here’s some of the latest on smoldering controversies at Gobekli Tepe.


Makes all of those old Discovery Channel snuff films about erasing human history and restoring the Virgin purity of Earth look kind of pitiful, doesn’t it?

I’ll be more willing to accept the pronouncements of official science about where we came from and how when they have a good explanation for where the moon came from and how. 

Cosmological physics has not advanced much as a science since the automotive industry consisted mostly of Model T’s. They’ve had runaway growth in speculative fantasy peddled as science though. Their self-promoting record for infallibility is crumbling in a lot of disciplines at the moment. If you had asked the smartest scientists of the day what motor vehicles would look like in a hundred years, do you think they’d have shown you an image like this?


Well, maybe they would. I just saw one of those in person for the first time a few days ago. I’ll have more to say about that at a later date, maybe soon, under the topic category ‘Wrong Turns.’




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on the post:

Welcome to My Network

Welcome to My Network

  He’s not the only one. They’re telling me I forgot my password. Not true. I’ve changed it at their behest several times this year, and eac...